Aims and Objectives
Parents and carers are able to flourish in the Performing Arts at every stage in their career. The Industry benefits from maintaining a skilled, experienced and varied workforce.
PIPA enables and empowers parents, carers and employers to achieve sustainable change in attitudes and practices in order to attract, support and retain a more diverse and flexible workforce. By working in partnership we raise awareness, find creative solutions and promote best practice in the UK Performing Arts.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Understand and raise awareness of the issues of parents and carers working in the Performing Arts Industry and challenge the status quo.
- Gather tangible data and information to evaluate the various challenges facing parents, carers and employers.
- Use press, TV, social media and meetings to communicate the issues faced by those with caring responsibilities.
- Engage industry bodies, unions and organisations in the conversation.
Campaign for sustainable and practical best practice model in the workplace.
- Conduct a Best Practice research project, research existing strategies and commercial organisations, with the aim of establishing solutions that are practical, adaptable and sustainable for different size organisations.
- Establish a Best Practice charter and engage organisations to become visibly family friendly in order to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Provide consultancy services to assess family-friendly employer status and offer practical, sustainable suggestions to implement change and a rating system for participating organisations.
Campaign for greater representation and accessibility for parents and carers in the performing arts.
- Work with organisations to develop accessible back to work training schemes.
- Campaign for accessibility for industry activities eg workshops/ masterclasses/ network events.
- Encourage organisations to consider the access needs of carer-audiences for creative performances.
Establish PIPA as a trusted resource, developing partnerships, networks and community across the UK.
- Develop the PIPA Website as a resource centre and central hub to disseminate information.
- Design and implement a tiered membership scheme for individuals and organisations with a range of benefits.