Aims and Objectives
Understand and raise awareness of the issues of parents and carers working in the Performing Arts Industry and challenge the status quo.
- Gather tangible data and information to evaluate the various challenges facing parents, carers and employers.
- Use press, TV, social media and meetings to communicate the issues faced by those with caring responsibilities.
- Engage industry bodies, unions and organisations in the conversation.
Campaign for sustainable and practical best practice model in the workplace.
- Conduct a Best Practice research project, research existing strategies and commercial organisations, with the aim of establishing solutions that are practical, adaptable and sustainable for different size organisations.
- Establish a Best Practice charter and engage organisations to become visibly family friendly in order to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Provide consultancy services to assess family-friendly employer status and offer practical, sustainable suggestions to implement change and a rating system for participating organisations.
Campaign for greater representation and accessibility for parents and carers in the performing arts.
- Work with organisations to develop accessible back to work training schemes.
- Campaign for accessibility for industry activities eg workshops/ masterclasses/ network events.
- Encourage organisations to consider the access needs of carer-audiences for creative performances.
Establish PIPA as a trusted resource, developing partnerships, networks and community across the UK.
- Develop the PIPA Website as a resource centre and central hub to disseminate information.
- Design and implement a tiered membership scheme for individuals and organisations with a range of benefits.